According to some users, vaping offers a more forgiving and somewhat safer alternative to weed smoking. However, an even better advantage of vaping weed is that you can enjoy the flavors you want. In fact, you can learn how to make THC vape juices from the comfort of your home. Wondering just how you can do so? Our guide can walk you through the process.
What is THC Vape Juice?
Vape juice refers to the liquid used inside a vaporizer. THC vape juice comes in the form of a liquid concentrate of cannabis packed with THC, cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. The components inside the liquid concentrate are typically extracted from the marijuana plant. But, as the name suggests, THC vape juice contains a high THC concentrate amount.
The THC concentrate used in THC vape juice comes in a choice of three common forms, i.e., carbon dioxide extracted THC, liquid THC, or tincture. In addition to the marijuana plant extract, vape juice contains a blend of water, food-grade flavoring, glycerin, and sometimes nicotine.
What are the Effects?
Using THC vape juice to get your weed hit allows you to enjoy the same effects you would get from smoking it. It’s just like you are smoking a joint with a high THC strain! Thus, when you vape, you will get high and experience similar effects.
Some of the common effects include euphoria, hunger, drowsiness, and even distortion of time. Similarly, the intensity of the effects depends on the concentrated potency, dosage (how many puffs you take), and of course, your makeup. Effects of THC depend on your age, gender, chemical makeup, and even your tolerance level.
How To Make Your Own Weed Vape Juice
You can buy THC vape juice from any legal cannabis store or online. However, if you want to, you can also DIY your weed vape juice.
Here’s a simple guide on how to make THC vape juice using the CO2 extraction process;
You can opt to make vape juice with a liquid, thin, or thick consistency. We’ve shared two methods to outline each option. The first step always involves decarboxylation, despite the consistency you are going for. During this step, you need heat to release the carbon dioxide from the plant.
Option 1 – Thin consistency
- Preheat the oven to about 110 degrees Celsius (230 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Select the marijuana strain you want, chop the plant into tiny pieces, arrange them on a baking sheet, and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Add the baked buds into a standard-sized mason jar, fill it up with high-proof alcohol (not isopropyl), securely cover the jar with a lid, and shake it.
- Store the jar in a cool, dry, and dark place for at least a month
- After a month, open the jar and strain the mixture using a cheesecloth into a new container
- Transfer it into an opaque container, and it should be ready for use.
Option 2 – Thick Consistency
- Preheat the oven to about 121 degrees Celsius (250 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Select the marijuana strain you want, chop the plant into tiny pieces, and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Add the sheet into the oven and bake the buds for 30 minutes.
- Remove the buds from the oven and let them cool.
- Pour them into a glass jar and add just enough glycerin to form a thick, gooey mixture. But you should still be able to stir it. You can choose to add either vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol. Either substance is typically used as a base to mix the vape juice ingredients. Either substance is chosen for its qualities. Vegetable glycerin is used if you want a more thick consistency. It also gives your concentrate a sweet flavor and produces a large vapor cloud. However, it can also leave some residue on your vape pen. On the other propylene glycol offers thinner consistency and doesn’t affect flavor or leave any residue behind. While it produces a thin vapor cloud, it has a bigger throat hit.
- Stir the mixture and securely shut the jar with its lid
- Let it sit in a cool, dry, and dark place for about a month
- After a month, open the jar and give the mixture a stir
- Add a tablespoon of fresh glycerin, securely shut the lid, and store it in the same conditions for another month
- After a month, remove the moisture and give it one final stir
- Strain the mixture using a wire mesh and spatula onto a new container
- Drain the mixture into another container, this time using a cheesecloth for even finer straining. The mixture should look clean and free of any residue after this second strainer. After this, use a syringe or dropper to add it into your vape cartridge and enjoy
How to Use THC Vape Juice?
Readymade, commercially available weed vape juices come with clear instructions on how to dose them. But, the same cannot be said for DIY homemade THC vape juice. In this case, you need to learn how to dose your vape juice. The easiest way to do so is through trial and error. As if you are trying weed for the first time, try using small amounts of your vape juice. Since you’re using concentrated THC, the potency will be high.
So, start with small doses and work your way up until you find the ideal dosage you can tolerate. After all, using a vape pen to get your cannabis hit doesn’t require you to use all the concentrate at a single session. So, you can always take your hits and save the rest for later. After some time, you will know exactly how much you need for that perfect high!